Serum amyloid A isoforms in serum and milk from cows with Staphylococcus aureus subclinical mastitis
Samo za registrovane korisnike
Božić, Tatjana T.
Članak u časopisu (Objavljena verzija)
MetapodaciPrikaz svih podataka o dokumentu
Serum amyloid A proteins (SAA) are very sensitive acute phase proteins, displaying multiple isoforms in plasma and different body fluids. They are currently under investigation as biomarkers of diseases. The aim of the present study was to compare the concentration and isoform expression of SAA in serum and milk of cows with bacteriologically negative milk (control group) and naturally occurring Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus) subclinical mastitis (subclinical mastitis group). Somatic cell count (SCC) and bacteriological analyses were performed to establish the control and subclinical mastitis group. SAA concentration was evaluated using a commercial ELISA kit, while expression of different isoforms (serum A-SAA and milk M-SAA3 isoforms) was visualized by denaturing isoelectrical focusing and immunoblotting. The SAA concentrations in sera and milk of cows in the subclinical mastitis group were three and 100 times higher than in those from the control group of cows, respectively. Cows... in the subclinical mastitis group had more acidic SAA isoforms in serum with the most prominent one at pI 5.5. This isoform was not detected in sera from the control group. Milk samples in the subclinical mastitis group contained abundant highly alkaline M-SAA3 isoforms and most of the serum isoforms, except for that at pI 5.5. In the subclinical mastitis group SAA isoforms with equivalent pI as serum isoforms accounted for 20% of the total SAA concentration in milk. There were significant differences in the concentrations and isoform patterns of SAA in serum and milk between the control and subclinical mastitis groups of cows. Also, we demonstrated that serum SAA isoforms were not transferred to milk proportion to their plasma content. (C) 2011 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
Ključne reči:Serum amyloid A / Isoforms / Subclinical mastitis / Staphylococcus aureus
Izvor:Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology, 2012, 145, 1-2, 120-128
- Elsevier Science Bv, Amsterdam
- Antioksidativna zaštita i potencijali za diferencijaciju i regeneraciju mezenhimalnih matičnih ćelija iz različitih tkiva tokom procesa starenja (RS-175061)
- Regenerativni i modulatorni potencijal adultnih matičnih ćelija (RS-175062)
- Proizvodnja, izolovanje i karakterizacija enzima i malih molekula i njihova primena u rastvornom i imobilizovanom obliku u biotehnologiji hrane, biogorivima i zaštititi životne sredine (RS-172048)
- Unapređenje i razvoj higijenskih i tehnoloških postupaka u proizvodnji namirnica životinjskog porekla u cilju dobijanja kvalitetnih i bezbednih proizvoda konkurentnih na svetskom tržištu (RS-46009)