Water-soluble inorganic ions in urban aerosols of the continental part of Balkans (Belgrade) during the summer - autumn (2008)
Stortini, Maria A.
Članak u časopisu (Objavljena verzija)
MetapodaciPrikaz svih podataka o dokumentu
Size-segregated aerosol samples were collected using six stages High Volume Cascade Impactor. Aerosol mass and water soluble ions concentrations were determined. The Hybrid Single-Particle Lagrangian Integrated Trajectory (HYSPLIT) model was used to study the origin of air masses arriving to Belgrade in the investigated period. The obtained results of aerosol mass and water-soluble ion concentrations have been divided into six sub-data sets based on air mass categories. The highest average mass concentration of the fine mode (D-p lt = 0.49 mu m) was found for air masses coming to Belgrade from the southeast and northwest directions, and of the coarse mode (3.0 lt D-p lt = 7.2 mu m) for air masses arriving from the northwest direction. The highest concentrations of SO42- were found in the fine particles transported to the investigated area by air masses from southeast direction. The analysis of contribution of marine aerosol components (Na+ and Cl-), the Correlation and Cluster Anal...ysis indicated the influence of marine aerosol on urban aerosol of the central Balkans coming from the Western Mediterranean and northern direction. NH4+ and SO42- and K+ dominated in the fine mode for all air mass categories. PCA demonstrated the dominant impact of secondary aerosol formation processes on urban aerosols.
Ključne reči:Urban aerosol / Size-segregated inorganic ions / Balkan region
Izvor:OPEN CHEMISTRY, 2015, 13, 1, 245-256
- De Gruyter Open Ltd, Warsaw
- Proučavanje fizičkohemijskih i biohemijskih procesa u životnoj sredini koji utiču na zagađenje i istraživanje mogućnosti za minimiziranje posledica (RS-172001)
- Istraživanje klimatskih promena i njihovog uticaja na životnu sredinu - praćenje uticaja, adaptacija i ublažavanje (RS-43007)
- Meteorološki ekstremi i klimatske promene u Srbiji (RS-176013)
- SIMCA project (INTERREG/CARDS-PHARE Adriatic New Neighborhood Programme) [06SER02/01/04]