Chemical profile of major taste- and health-related compounds of Oblainska sour cherry
Samo za registrovane korisnike
AutoriAlrgei, Hassan Omran S.
Rakonjac, Vera S.
Tešić, Živoslav Lj.
Fotirić-Akšić, Milica M.
Članak u časopisu (Objavljena verzija)
MetapodaciPrikaz svih podataka o dokumentu
BACKGROUNDOblainska sour cherry, an autochthonous cultivar, is the most planted cultivar in Serbian commercial orchards. Owing to its long cultivation under different agro-ecological conditions, it is a mixture of different clones. To obtain comprehensive information on Oblainska sour cherry fruit, the total carbohydrate composition, total phenolic content, total anthocyanin content, antioxidant activity and polyphenolic profiles of 39 clones were investigated. RESULTSFructose was found to be the dominant sugar, followed by glucose, sorbitol and sucrose. Rutin and chlorogenic acid were the most abundant polyphenols. Some clones contained pinobanksin, hesperetin and galangin, which, to best knowledge, is the first time these compounds have been reported in sour cherry fruit. CONCLUSIONThe data obtained showed huge variation within the germplasm studied, confirming the fact that Oblainska sour cherry is not a cultivar but a population. (c) 2015 Society of Chemical Industry
Ključne reči:Oblainska sour cherry / phenolic acids / anthocyanins / sugars
Izvor:Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 2016, 96, 4, 1241-1251
- Wiley-Blackwell, Hoboken
- Primena novih genotipova i tehnoloških inovacija u cilju unapređenja voćarske i vinogradarske proizvodnje (RS-31063)
- Korelacija strukture i osobina prirodnih i sintetičkih molekula i njihovih kompleksa sa metalima (RS-172017)
- Reinforcement of the Faculty of Chemistry, University of Belgrade, towards becoming a Center of Excellence in the region of WB for Molecular Biotechnology and Food research (EU-256716)
- Advancing research in agricultural and food sciences at Faculty of Agriculture, University of Belgrade (EU-316004)
- Supplementary material: http://cherry.chem.bg.ac.rs/handle/123456789/3399