RuO2/graphene nanoribbon composite supported on screen printed electrode with enhanced electrocatalytic performances toward ethanol and NADH biosensing
Đurđić, Slađana Z.
Article (Accepted Version)
MetadataShow full item record
In this work, we aimed to propose a newly synthesized composite material with enhanced electrocatalytic properties as a novel screen-printed sensor for the quantification of NADH. Additionally, the surface was modified with alcohol dehydrogenase for the preparation of an amperometric biosensor for analysis of ethanol. Synthesized material was characterized using several microstructural (FE-SEM, HR-TEM, XRD) and electrochemical (CV, EIS) techniques. The electrochemical response of the tested analytes was investigated as a function of important parameters. Under optimal conditions, the working linear range and limit of detection for ethanol sensing was 1-1800 mu M and 0.19 mu M, respectively. For NADH, the linear range was from 1 to 1300 mu M with limit of detection of 0.52 mu M. Moreover, effects of some possible interfering compounds were investigated and the developed procedure was applied to commercial alcoholic beverages. The results obtained showed satisfactory precision and accura...cy of the developed method and confirm the proposed approach could be a possible replacement for the currently used techniques for ethanol and NADH quantification.
Keywords:Ethanol biosensor / Screen printed electrode / Graphene nanoribbons / Alcohol dehydrogenase
Source:Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 2018, 117, 392-397
- Elsevier Advanced Technology, Oxford
- Application of advanced oxidation processes and nanostructured oxide materials for the removal of pollutants from the environment, development and optimisation of instrumental techniques for efficiency monitoring (RS-172030)
- Strengthening of the MagBioVin Research and Innovation Team for Development of Novel Approaches for Tumour Therapy based on Nanostructured Materials (EU-621375)
- Education of Modern Analytical and Bioanalytical Methods
- CEEPUS [CIII-CZ-0212-11-1718]
- This is the peer-reviewed version of the following article: Vukojević, V.; Djurdjić, S.; Ognjanović, M.; Antić, B.; Kalcher, K.; Mutić, J.; Stanković, D. M. RuO2/Graphene Nanoribbon Composite Supported on Screen Printed Electrode with Enhanced Electrocatalytic Performances toward Ethanol and NADH Biosensing. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 2018, 117, 392–397. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bios.2018.06.038
- Supplementary material: http://cherry.chem.bg.ac.rs/handle/123456789/2986