Anti-human albumin monoclonal antibody immobilized on EDC-NHS functionalized carboxylic graphene/AuNPs composite as promising electrochemical HSA immunosensor
Authorized Users Only
Đurđić, Slađana Z.
Article (Accepted Version)
MetadataShow full item record
Diagnosis and treatment of some important diseased and metabolic disorders is based on successful detection of albumin. In this work, we aim to develop a simple immunosensor for the detection of human serum albumin in biological fluids. Anti-human albumin antibody was covalently attached to the activated surface of screen-printed carbon electrodes enriched with carboxyl graphene/gold nanoparticles composite. Microstructure (TEM, FE-SEM, XRD) and electrochemical (CV, EIS) characterization methods were used to investigate composite properties and to confirm the successful modification of the electrodes. Under the optimal conditions, linear working range and limit of detection were 2.5–500 μg/mL and 1.55 μg/mL, respectively. Additionally, the effect of some possibly interfering compounds was investigated and the immunosensor was used for real sample analysis. The results showed that the sensor exhibited accurate, precise and sensitive characteristics and can be promising replacement to th...e convention methods for albumin detection in clinical practice.
Keywords:Human serum albumin / Electrochemical biosensor / Immunosensor / Screen-printed carbon electrode
Source:Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 2020, 860, 113928-
- Application of advanced oxidation processes and nanostructured oxide materials for the removal of pollutants from the environment, development and optimisation of instrumental techniques for efficiency monitoring (RS-172030)
- CEEPUS network: CIII-CZ-0212-12-1819-M-120151
- EUREKA project E! 13303 MED-BIO-TEST
- This is the peer-reviewed version of the article: Stanković, V.; Đurđić, S.; Ognjanović, M.; Antić, B.; Kalcher, K.; Mutić, J.; Stanković, D. M. Anti-Human Albumin Monoclonal Antibody Immobilized on EDC-NHS Functionalized Carboxylic Graphene/AuNPs Composite as Promising Electrochemical HSA Immunosensor. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry 2020, 860. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelechem.2020.113928
- Supplementary material: http://cherry.chem.bg.ac.rs/handle/123456789/3892