Synthesis, X-ray structures and magnetic properties of Ni(II) complexes of heteroaromatic hydrazone
Authorized Users Only
Anđelković, Katarina K.
Article (Accepted Version)
MetadataShow full item record
Two binuclear double end-on azido bridged Ni(II) complexes, [Ni2L2(μ-1,1-N3)2(N3)2]⋅2H2O (1a), and [Ni2L2(μ-1,1-N3)2(N3)2]⋅4H2O (1b) having the same inner sphere, where L=((E)-N,N,N-trimethyl-2-oxo-2-(2-(1-(thiazol-2-yl)ethylidene)hydrazinyl)ethan-1-aminium, were synthesized from the same solution and characterized by single-crystal X-ray diffraction methods. Variable‐temperature magnetic susceptibility measurements showed intra-dimer ferromagnetic coupling between Ni(II) ions. The ferromagnetic coupling is supported by the broken-symmetry DFT calculations, with the level of theory chosen based on a benchmark study on 19 additional structurally related binuclear Ni(II) complexes. The role of water molecules in crystals of 1a and 1b is explained by DFT based energy decomposition analysis.
Keywords:Ni(II) binuclear complexes / X-ray structure / Ferromagnetic coupling / broken symmetry DFT / Double-hybrid functionals / Energy Decomposition Analysis / DFT / exchange coupling / crystal water / double end-on azido bridge
Source:Polyhedron, 2020, 191, 114802-
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, Republic of Serbia, Grant no. 451-03-68/2020-14/200168 (University of Belgrade, Faculty of Chemistry) (RS-200168)
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, Republic of Serbia, Grant no. 451-03-68/2020-14/200026 (University of Belgrade, Institute of Chemistry, Technology and Metallurgy - IChTM) (RS-200026)
- Slovenian Research Agency (P1-0175)
- Slovenian Research Agency (P2-0348)
- This is the peer-reviewed, authors’ version of the article: Keškić, T.; Jagličić, Z.; Pevec, A.; Čobeljić, B.; Radanović, D.; Gruden, M.; Turel, I.; Anđelković, K.; Brčeski, I.; Zlatar, M. Synthesis, X-Ray Structures and Magnetic Properties of Ni(II) Complexes of Heteroaromatic Hydrazone. Polyhedron 2020, 191, 114802. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.poly.2020.114802